Flood Insurance

We find you the insurance you need at just the right price!

Flood Insurance

Did you know most property insurance doesn't cover flooding? The federal government runs the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP), which issues flood insurance policies. Even if you have homeowners, renters, condo, landlord, mobile home or business insurance, you may need to purchase a separate flood insurance policy to be protected from flood damage. Get a flood insurance quote from our agency today!

What's Covered

Essential systems in the home. This includes electrical and plumbing systems, furnaces, water heaters, central air conditioners, heat pumps, and well pumps.

Appliances. Refrigerators, ranges, and built-in appliances, such as dishwashers, washing machines, and dryers, are usually covered. So, too, are portable window air conditioners, and freezers and the food in them.

Carpeting and window treatments. If you have permanently installed carpeting over an unfinished floor, or any other kind of carpets over wooden floors, your policy should cover them. Your policy should also include window blinds and curtains.
Permanently installed paneling, wallboard, bookcases, and cabinets. If you have to replace your cabinets, your policy will pay only for the ones that were damaged. If some cabinets were ruined but others were not affected, you might have trouble getting cabinets that match the older ones.

There are potentially many other things that can be covered by flood insurance. Talk to our knowledgeable agents to learn more.

What's Not Covered

Flood insurance has eligibility requirements and numerous exclusions. According to the NFIP, the following kinds of damage are not covered by flood insurance:

  • Damage caused by moisture, mildew, or mold that could have been avoided by the property owner or which is not attributable to the flood.
  • Damage caused by earth movement, even if the earth movement is caused by a flood.
  • Additional living expenses, such as temporary housing, while the building is being repaired or is unable to be occupied.
  • Loss of use or access to the insured property.
  • Financial losses caused by business interruption.
  • Property and belongings outside of an insured building, such as trees, plants, wells, septic systems, walks, decks, patios, fences, seawalls, hot tubs, and swimming pools.
  • Currency, precious metals, and valuable papers, such as stock certificates.
  • Most self-propelled vehicles, such as cars, including their parts.
Skip to content